PRELOADED is seeking a highly creative and experienced Game Designer with a great track record for creating compelling games and playful experiences for a wide range of audiences. You will have ‘generalist’ skills including everything from designing core loops and metagames, to shaping content-heavy and story-driven experiences.
This role is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of the business, client facing and lead the design on groundbreaking projects with cutting edge technologies.
- Work with the Creative Lead and senior team to define the vision, aligned to audience and business requirements.
- Perform the Lead Game Design role on projects leading the design direction for team and key project stakeholders.
- Lead feedback sessions with the client, take into consideration desires and manage the impact on player experience to product and scope.
- Champion audience-centric design methods by upholding benchmarks for discoverability, player understanding, cognitive load, and supporting playtesting.
- Be responsible for providing clear project documents to ensure that design objectives and intentions are understood.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 4+ Years of experience minimum and a proven track record.
- Generalist game designer, confident in designing at every stage of the project and able to get stuck-in and hands-on. A deep understanding of interactive systems, game mechanics, balance and pace. Methodical and have a systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- Passion for working with new, unexplored platforms and technologies, such as immersive tech, and a drive to understand the affordances around them.
- Able to execute the design that meets the clients, audiences and projects needs.
- Technically minded and have the ability to communicate and support other disciplines in the team.
- Experience in prototyping and validating ideas through user testing.
- Confident in ability to identify user stories and tasks to meet milestones, and can estimate work appropriately.
- Self-organized, self-motivated and hands-on.
“NICE TO HAVE”
- You have experience in creating experiences which blend between physical and digital worlds
- You have worked on free-to-play games and understand live game development.
- You have worked with immersive technologies such as AR and VR.
- You have a passion for imagining the future of play which solves problems, connects people and transforms our world.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams together to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.