PRELOADED is seeking a highly creative and experienced Technical Artist with a great track record for creating compelling games and playful experiences for a wide range of audiences. You will be comfortable acting as the bridge between the Art and Development teams while creating large scale real time VFX for mobile platforms.
This role is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of the business on groundbreaking projects with cutting edge technologies.
- Work alongside the Lead Artist and Lead Developer to achieve the project's artistic direction including all aspects of the art intention (‘look & feel’, animation, motion direction etc)
- Ensure the technical performance and robustness of tools and pipelines created to fulfill the creative ambition.
- Creation of VFX and making shaders
- Game assets shaders / textures / meshes etc are performant and work with the team to optimise performance.
- Creation of supporting documentation detailing shaders, pipelines, tools are clear for artists.
- Maintain a clear channel of communication between Art and Dev teams
- Anticipation of art risks to project and work effectively with a team to mitigate them.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 4+ Years of experience minimum and a proven track record
- Amazing portfolio showcasing your work
- Passion for working with new, unexplored platforms and technologies, such as immersive tech, and a drive to understand the affordances around them.
- Experience in prototyping and validating ideas
- Experience developing for a range of mobile devices
- Ability to write shaders in CG/HLSL and well as shadergraph
- Knowledge of scripting languages (C#, Mel / Python)
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- Good verbal communication skills
- Self-organized, self-motivated and hands-on.
“NICE TO HAVE”
- Familiarity with animation
- Knowledge of Maya
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).